The jammer arm is a weight-training machine used to build strength and muscle in the upper body. It consists of a vertical arm with handles at the top, which can be adjusted to different heights to accommodate users of various sizes. The jammer arm exercise primarily targets the chest, shoulders, and triceps, but also engages the back, biceps, and core muscles. However, like any weight training machine, it is essential to use the proper form to avoid injury and get the most out of the exercise. In this guide, we will go through the step-by-step process of adjusting and using the jammer arm machine with the correct form to maximize your workout.
How to perform Jammer Bent Over Rows
- Adjust the jammer arm to a comfortable height. You should be able to grasp the handles with your arms straight and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Stand facing the jammer arm, with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hinge forward at your hips, keeping your back flat and your core engaged. Your torso should be at a 45-degree angle to the ground.
- Grasp the handles with a neutral grip, keeping your hands shoulder-width apart.
- Exhale and pull both handles towards your torso, keeping your elbows close to your body and squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Hold this position for a second or two.
- Inhale and slowly lower the handles back down.
- Throughout the exercise, maintain proper form by keeping your back flat and your core engaged. Avoid rounding your back or arching your neck, as this can lead to injury.
- If the weight is too heavy or too light, adjust the resistance on the machine accordingly.